Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!!

Wow folks this is most certainly the hottest bear season start I have ever experienced. The temperatures have been in the high 80s and low 90s with humidity. The only thing is, people are seeing bears, however they are either not shooters or they are not presenting a clear shot. Last night one hunter attempted a bad shot, and we couldn't find anything last night, therefore the guys are back out this morning to see if they can find anything more. My other alias "Grace" took a flip last night, fell into a hole, twisted my bad ankle and am limping a bit, but we Maine women are strong and I'll be just fine; it will not slow me down. My lady hunter and I sat on a different bait site last night and it was so hot, water was running off us and between places it should not have been. I have seen seasons when the first half hour was miserable, but would cool down quickly and even have the shivers before it was over. However it was still hot when we left the stands; clothes sticking to us and trying to wear the camo garb and bug nets are miserable.
Yesterday morning I took the Maryland couple, Eric and Jill, my lady hunter out kayaking on the river. Eric had never been kayaking before and I now think I have him hooked; he loved it. We saw 3 eagles, one just a young one, and a big loon that as usual never cooperate when I get my camera ready.
Last evening at the luncheon we always have after everyone is back in from hunting was a total hoot!!  Everyone is getting to know each other and when that happens the fun really begins. We all laughed and joked enjoying the fun. This helps to smooth over nerves a bit as I always take so much upon myself when things don't seem to be working as I would like, which is hunters getting their bears and our success rates being high. I always really work myself up, and try so hard to think of what ever else can I do. However, I do realize I have no control over such things and I also know everything possible has been done. Although that does not help my nemesis "Blackcloud", who tends to be much harder on me and unfortunately is part of my personality that I have a hard time controlling. Big E is always reminding me, " None of that Blackcloud"!!!
So lets keep the faith and fingers crossed that tonight be the night, the hurricane coming up the coast not be a problem, and the temperatures fall!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment