Monday, July 26, 2010

Feels like fall

Wow, yesterday I commented on a few maple leaves changing, but this morning completely feels like a fall morning, with a brisk cool breeze. Not that I mind as fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I have always said if I could find a place that was fall all year long I would be there in a heartbeat! Crisp, cool mornings, warm afternoons and that wonderful sweet scent of change in the air is just heavenly!! Of course with fall comes hunting season! I do love fly fishing, kayaking and the many other activities of summer, but there is something about hunting that excites the senses. I have had many folks say why not just let Big E do the hunting? They just don't understand, so I try to explain why I love to hunt and I will touch on a few of the finer points I think I make. First I find it extremely empowering!! The grocery store can shut it doors, I don't care because I can take to the woods and feed my family! Also, it is a time where I can get back to nature in a different way. After a busy season guiding bear hunters; being up at 5;00am and not getting to bed until after midnight many nights does not give me much time to just be quiet and think. Therefore maybe hunting for me is like a type of meditation that heals my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment