Saturday, August 7, 2010

Counting down....

The cool temperatures of last evening made me think of camp fires, and hunters coming in off the bait sites with exciting tales of their adventures. Of course we have camp fires often throughout the year as it is one of my favorite ways to relax. However, to have a whole group of folks from different places who have lived different lives tell their stories is a wonderful experience. If someone should also bring a guitar, we are in business!! It always seems too that a campfire brings out some of the greatest stories. Stories of the past and exciting adventures in exotic places. I love listening to them as I think you truly get an insight as to who these people are, and people are interesting. I also enjoy passing on the folk lore and tales of the Katahdin region, and I also must admit, it a tale gets someone going, well that is even more fun. Might I take a bit of an advantage and really whip up a wicked tale? I just very well might!! Although it is not nice to play on any ones fears or misgivings about something, and I don't want them to be terrified sitting in their tree stands; I do like to spin a good yarn as we New Englanders can of a cold north wind one stormy night back years ago when.......LOL, I must save that for the campfires!
Anyway......I'm looking forward to the arrival of our guests and the count down has begun. With Big E laid up I'm trying very hard to get everything ready, tending the baits with our wonderful crew and the many other preparations that I need to get done. It doesn't leave much time for other things I like to do, but I'm trying to mix it all up, put it all together and make it all come together for the very best new experiences that will lead to new tall tales to tell around the campfires.

No comments:

Post a Comment