Thursday, August 26, 2010

Counting down....

With just a matter of a few days before our first week of hunters arrive for bear season, we are in high gear to attempt to get things done. One would think that, well.. we had all summer to get things done. However it doesn't always work that way, as in needed capital to continue projects and we probably took on a bit more than we should have. Oh well...we will make it!!! I have the house almost ready, another day of picking up and cleaning and it will be done. I need to get the shopping done and that is what I'm a bit worried about as I need to make a few trips out of town to accomplish that. Deliveries will be hear tomorrow afternoon, so I have to be home to receive them. Therefore it looks like Saturday is going to be one of those "crazy days"!!
We got the new hanging beams placed and anchor bolted yesterday. Looking at the pieces on the ground, I did not realize how tall it was going to be. However as Big E stated, a moose hanging needs the height! I lettered the top beam back a couple weeks ago on both sides and meant to do something down the side posts, but got side tracked. Easily done, at least for me. I looks good just the way it is, cause it's the way it's gonna be!
We are finally getting a little more very needed rain. Baiting on the woods roads has been unreal with the dry conditions that you could literally grind your teeth with the dust that penetrated throughout the trucks. The roads were so dry and dusty that there was an actual layer of nothing but powder covering everything for 25 feet off the roads. This is also the earliest I have ever seen the leaves change. Leaves are covering the roads like they usually do it October already, and here it is only August. The visibility in the woods will be unreal this fall for the hunting seasons!!
One of our workers is heading back off to school. Nick, the son of Peter "Coyote" Cote is heading back to Eastport to the boat building school. We'll miss him, but he has assured us he will be around on the weekends. We wish him the very best as he is an exceptional young man!
Well many more things must be accomplished today, and just maybe I will get some baking done as well as the temperatures could use a little heating up in the house. Nights have been getting into the lower 50s and high 40s, although I was told the temps would be rising next week. I still don't expect it to get too hot though and will continue to be cool at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment