Sunday, August 29, 2010

It begins!!

And so it begins!! Our first guests arrived early, coming in yesterday. The rest should arrive by noon time. I still need to run to Lincoln to finish my shopping. I have been so very busy this year, seems more so than usual which I didn't think could actually happen. I had returned to college back 4 years ago and I thought I was busy then!! Of course we have had some family issues that have been time consuming and stressful, and then with other things such as breakdowns with the trucks and such, it simply has been a different kind of year. I do not mind being busy, actually I think I thrive on it. Of course after it is all done, I crash hard. However I will enjoy it while it is here. I do love the guide service, and hunting. The excitement of my hunters easily flows through all of us. So I will try to keep posting regularly documenting the life of a Maine guide through out our season. We have a young couple coming in today that I'm looking forward to very much, as we have been corresponding by e-mail and phone and they are so excited. This will be their first bear hunt ever, using bows. They work with race horses, shoeing, grooming, boarding and training. A different life style and from the sounds, never a dull moment and from what they tell us, I find it hard to believe they had any time to take off. Hoping to make it a fantastic trip for them! The group that is now here have been coming for 6 years, so it is like old friends coming for a visit. The other 2 guests are also new folks, lawyers, so it will be interesting to talk with them, as my degree was legal technologies. Well, all for now folks...will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment